At the Angels game with the girls yesterday :)
I am officially unemployed. The grant ends tomorrow, but I finished up all my work this weekend and just sent off my final report. Friday I had a conference call with our grant manager and a grantor; they wanted any suggestions I had for them going into Year 3 of the grant, and expressed that they were really pleased with my work and were sad to see me go. That was nice...I was encouraged, and I feel like I have great connections here for when I come back.
Coming back from New York last week I was trying not to feel discouraged as I enter this in-between time. Between a really, really discouraging interaction with someone in Greece who I'd hoped (and still hope) to work with, and not having all the financial support in yet, I've been a little disheartened. I said a long time ago that when I go to Athens, I want to be 100% certain that it's God taking me there, and not my own desires, because when bumps come in the road, I will need that assurance so that I don't question what I'm doing. Already I've had to fall back on that; sometimes it just seems like it would be easier to give up. But I'm confident in what I'm doing and where I'm going; when I think about each fear or doubt or disappointment I have, it can be put to rest through prayer, preparation, and trust. I know I am going ahead with exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
So, today is the first day that I have nothing. I have a lot of cleaning and sorting to do that should keep me busy for awhile. I need to buy a whiteboard and just make lists of everything that I need to do for the move, even if I don't know when that is happening. I will get my last paycheck on Friday, so I need to consider housing and other things over the next couple months or however long I'm here.
I spoke at a class at church yesterday and some seasoned missionaries were prayed for at the beginning of class. They left for the field (Africa) last night and have a lot of unknowns that they are going back to. They read a quote about Waiting, about being present and seeing what God has during the waiting time. This time is important for growth or learning or whatever the case may be; it's important not to miss out on what He is doing during these times of waiting and uncertainty. I have a lot going on still; Bible study, college group, a college girls' life group, outreach, etc. Lots to focus on, learn from, and grow from. I'm hoping to soak it all up while I have the opportunity.
1 comment:
I'm still amazed at what similar situations we are in. I can identify with a lot of the things you mentioned in your post. I continue to pray that God gives you courage and hope and direction; that He guides you. Embrace and enjoy the waiting and you'll find things you never expected to uncover about yourself and the world! Waiting, right now, is the job you are called to do.
Post a Comment