Sunday, January 21, 2007

a little encouragement

I had lunch with an old friend today. She was one of my first friends when I moved to LA, and she and I and another friend became close as we met bi-weekly for prayer and some examination of spiritual things and life issues we were all going through at the same time. It was a valuable time for all of us. We haven't kept up much over the last year, I moved, it's been busy, etc. Lately I've been aware that I've been missing relationships with peers that have that kind of depth and spiritual connection and accountability that we had. Today at lunch I was reminded of what that feels like, and we decided to continue our lunches every other weekend. I feel so encouraged! I pray that this can be a fruitful relationship for both of us as we start over but also build on the depth that is still there from years past. Today I'm thankful for this pleasant surprise and blessing. :)

No comments: