Monday, January 08, 2007

Resolutions



1. Make my bed every morning
2. Tidy my bedroom and the living room before bed every night.
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables each day.
4. Be in bed by 10:30 every night.
5. Fill up my gas tank when it reaches ¼ tank instead of E.
6. Floss five times a week.
7. Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
8. Eat chocolate only once a week.
9. Develop a good budget and stick to it.
10. Pack my gym bag the night before.
11. Get a massage once a month. Now we’re talking…

12.

Okay, just kidding, I’m not completely delusional. My eyes began to glaze over at #1. I think I make my bed when we have company, if they’re lucky, and that’s it! I’ve never been one to set resolutions, because everyone knows they don’t really stick anyway, especially if you have a long list, or if the changes are drastic. I have made a conscious effort to eat more fruit and vegetables every day, I have been in bed by 10:30 most week nights, and I haven’t had chocolate in January (that’s another story, and I plan to make it the entire month). Flossing…not so much…and I must say I let my gas tank go until the light goes on, and then some. It’s amazing how far you can get on fumes.

In January though I have already signed up for AAA (it took a flat tire and a couple hours of waiting to finally convince me), purchased extra dental and optical insurance (what…I’m supposed to go to the dentist HOW often??), and made an appointment for a consultation for laser eye surgery! That really is enough to last me the whole year in productivity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute! I decided after Christmas (which was still late) that I wasn't going to wait until Jan. 1 to start doing all the things I said I was going to do...so I started on Dec. 30 (much better) and have been 5 times since! Chris laughed because he said I am the only person he has ever heard of who went to the gym on New Year's Eve. But I think it is working! (Crossed fingers)