Friday, October 19, 2007

I saw the sign

(and it opened up my eyes...)


Body knows best... It occurs to me that last year about this time I tweaked my knee and couldn't run for a couple weeks. I remember becoming close with the stationary bike it the gym (eww). My roommate remembers too; when I mentioned last night that I think I've done it again, she recalled that I did this to myself last fall too. This time I can think of the moment I did it. I was simply standing with my foot planted and turned weird and it just...tweaked. That was several days ago, and I've been running on it, but last night it said STOP! And today walking is an issue.
Why does it always take me an injury or an illness or some sort of major something to slow me down? Here again, I've found myself physically on the brink of a cold, emotionally on the brink of something resembling hysteria, sleepless, behind, and since those obviously have not been enough, now I am apparently being forced to chill. My human trafficking event thing was canceled for tomorrow, giving me an entirely free day. So I guess I just need to heed all the signs and STOP for a bit. Blah.

1 comment:

Sharone, Uncloned said...

:o\ You're going to make it...I know it! I'm praying for you. Enjoy your day off tomorrow. :o)