Tuesday, September 22, 2009

bad habits

A few bad habits I have picked up since living overseas:

1. Speaking Greek in English (ex. "I like shrimps" or "I am bored to do that.")
2. Calling my country "America"
3. Staying up SO LATE (partly because the culture and work are late night things, but also because everyone at home is awake during my night for skype, IM, etc.)
4. Eating the same things because walking to the grocery store and carrying the bags all the way home is such a pain
5. Hoarding plastic bags (the Greeks do this and now so do I...for garbage bags, carrying things, etc.)

:)

2 comments:

R.A. said...

When I caught this in my reader before I'd read it I thought one of your bad habits was "eating shrimp" which, in fact, you should be ashamed of.

And funny, France is when I got in the habit of calling my country "the United States" (les Etats-Unis) because I had a Brazilian friend who was PISSED about us calling ourselves "America."

Kelsey said...

Yes, I was very sensitive NOT to call it America when I got here, but they all do, and I don't even know what the words for "United States" are in Greek because it's just "Ameriki" ... When I'm speaking English I try to say U.S., but I'm the minority.