I went to the gym last night and ran on the treadmill. It was fairly empty; the row of 20+ treadmills were open...so when a little old man came and got on the one right next to me I grumbled inwardly a bit (I guess I like my space).
I kept running, he walked, and I noticed that he kept glancing over but I turned up my music and forged ahead (in place of course). When I finished, and slowed to a walk, I noticed that he also stopped, turned, and I could no longer ignore him without appearing rude. He was talking to me. I took my headphones out of my ears.
"It must be nice being young."
"Actually my body is starting to fall apart already." (Blast, why did I say that?)
"Well, if you need mouth to mouth resuscitation, I'm available."
What????? "Uh..."
"That's the only reason I keep coming up here. I hope I'll pass out and one of you young things will have to give me mouth to mouth."
All right, good luck with that ... Gross!
1 comment:
i hate it when this happens
Post a Comment