Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fall

Classes started this week, it's that time again. I forgot about buying books until the night before; I just was having such a good time being OUT of school mode! Including our Israel preparation class, I have three classes this semester. This should be interesting.

Fall is always exciting, with school starting, ministries picking up again, and there’s a flurry of activity both at school and at work. This feeling of newness and excitement usually lasts me about two weeks. :) The relaxation of summer is over, new commitments are starting, with many opportunities to pick and choose from. The last two years I’ve been teaching women’s Bible studies, which I won’t be doing this year. This was intended to let me focus on my last semester of school with my three classes. Plus with quite a bit going on personally I’ve been unsure what my capacity would be to be able to give in ministry. (I know, I know…we minister out of our weaknesses or something like that, but really it’s a LOT. I was resigned to taking this semester to work through things, and then start with the lay counseling training in January.)

But here and there little opportunities begin to present themselves that sound good. Working in the high school, which I’ve been praying about, and doing some mentoring there. Continuing with the late night pr0stitute outreach, which I intend to do. Joining a small group of some people my age at church. A prayer ministry. How quickly our time can become filled, with many good things, but again I must practice the discipline of saying no! No! NO!!! :) Fall seems exciting and new and overwhelming and busy all at once. I welcome the new routine and the feelings of accomplishment and purpose, but I sure will miss that summer feeling of having no responsibilities hanging over my head...it's been SO nice, and here's hoping that not too much of my brain turned to mush.

No comments: