- I will be completely finished with school in May 2008 (was supposed to be December 07 but don't get me started on their scheduling).
- In Jan or Feb 2008 I am interested (interested!) in going through a lay counseling training program (this is 6 months to a year).
- In early 2008 begin applying to mission agencies.
- Whenever all that pans out, begin raising support...
- And then go.
- (Where? Turkey, Greece, I don't know yet. I do know that I'd like to be doing some sort of outreach/human rights work. I've mentioned the ministry in Athens before, I'll be exploring that more and possibly even visiting in the summer of 2008).
- Stay at least 2 years. Maybe 4. Maybe 10, or forever. :) There is this little statistic that single women burn out faster on the mission field; the average is 2 years. I may be single and I may not be and I have no idea how long this season will last. Let's say 2-3 years, for the sake of our Plan.
- Return, for at least two years, and complete a Master's in Social Work (MSW). This is 2-3 years.
- The Plan ends here. There are obvious trails and opportunities that would follow here, but getting this far has taken a lot out of me. :)
That was kind of fun though.
No comments:
Post a Comment