At a great trafficking seminar on Saturday I heard a wonderful illustration: A man held up a $10 bill to the group he was addressing and asked, "How much is this worth?" The answer, of course, is $10. Then he crumpled up the bill, stomped on it, and put a small tear in it. "Now how much is it worth?" he asked. The answer is still $10.People are the same. No matter what we do, or what is done to us, we don't lose our value as people made in the image of God.
That is really where my heart is in any kind of ministry...that people (particularly women & girls in my case) understand and realize their value and worth. More often than not it takes a great work of redemption and restoration on God's part, and it's that part that I long for in people's lives. I've seen it in my own, and I want it for others. From the high school girls in my church to the women and kids who are rescued from the very worst circumstances imaginable in a brothel or the street...all are inherently valuable because of who they are and who made them; no one ever decreases in worth. A realization and understanding of this truth empowers and restores. God is indeed in the business of redemption.
This is why I do what I do. :)
1 comment:
I like it. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment