Saturday, January 12, 2008

caesarea aquaduct

Lots of driving today, stopping at Shiloh and Mt. Gerizim and Ebal, good solid biblical sites. :) After teaching Joshua last year, I was really interested in seeing how far apart those mountains were, because of the story of half of Israel on one mountain and half on the other (see Deuteronomy 27 and Joshua 8). They're pretty close: here's Mt. Ebal from the top of Gerizim with Shechem in the middle, now an unstable Arabic village that we couldn't go to... (yes my ears were very warm, thank you)
We're staying tonight at Dor, on the Mediterranean Coast. We arrived at the hotel after dark, but on the way we stopped at Caesarea to see this 2000 year old aquaduct built by Herod the Great.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Ok, now I'm really wishing I were travelling. A sunset?!?! I haven't seen one of those in nearly 3 months! That's a beautiful picture! Thanks again for sharing your journey!

Anonymous said...

did you buy another hot hat?!