Monday, January 14, 2008

quickie

We've arrived at En Gev, where I've legally purchased internet access this time, and we get to settle in for a few days. We spent last night in Nazareth, which was kind of a whirlwind with donkeys and sheep and some nuns. The convent we stayed in was beautiful, I'm sure, had I actually seen it in daylight, and there was a chapel there with acoustics that lent themselves to some great singing last night. Here's me overlooking Nazareth (somewhere in there is a spring -- with a church built on top, see earlier post regarding churches built over holy sites -- so we know that the ancient Nazareth was right down in there, since they would have built around the spring. So I breathed in Jesus air!)

I have eaten McDonald's for lunch the last two days. How did this happen? I usually don't condone eating American food internationally. And I never eat McDonald's. But yesterday we stopped at a mall and I was craving ice cream, so I had a McFlurry. And today's lunch stop was at a McDonald's so I was forced to have another. Incidentally, the Hebrew word for McFlurry is something like "pizzutz" (pitzuts?) which means "explosion."

Today we arrived at the Sea of Galilee. I'll post more pictures in the next couple of days, for now here's from a mountain we climbed around on earlier this afternoon. It's been cold, but still hasn't rained. (I've been told I talk about the weather enough that I might as well be English ... it's only because it's totally unseasonable weather and no one understands why it hasn't rained on us!)

1 comment:

James & Kristin said...

Wow, I love seeing all the places you have been. Must be so amazing to be breathing Jesus air...could you bottle some up and bring it back for us....I'm sure you could make a fortune selling it on ebay. How awe inspiring to be seeing these places you've studied in the Bible. Have fun & don't get stuck in any tunnels or caves...don't think my hips could squeeze through all the places you've been. Love you and we are praying for you & your safety each night. xo Kristin