Thursday, May 29, 2008

first day

Left the house bright and early this morning to accompany my new boss to a meeting in downtown LA at the US Dept. of Labor, Wage Hour division. He was doing a long presentation/training session on labor trafficking to the investigators there, so that they are better equipped to identify and help trafficking victims they may come into contact with. I didn't have to do anything; just observe and learn since these are the kinds of presentations I'll be doing. The DoL director took us out to lunch, and then it was back to the freeway, back to Whittier and back to the church for a few hours at Job #2.

I have to be back up there at 8:30 tomorrow for the Salvation Army new employee orientation, and then Friday I'll get to go over to my Hollywood office to meet people and get set up there.

It's a bit overwhelming with both jobs in my lap at the moment, especially since one is over an hour away. Anyone need a nice quiet church job????

No comments: