Friday, May 09, 2008

I have a title!

I am the new Outreach and Education Director for Lydia Today in Athens, Greece. Woohoo!

I will be the liaison between the international agencies working on trafficking, and we hope to have an international conference in Fall of 2009 in Athens for the region on trafficking and training. I get to do a lot of university outreach and education there to recruit and train Greek college students (they speak English), and that will be a little bit of evangelism/ministry/discipleship of my own. I will be teaching the Hands That Heal training a lot (for working with trafficking victims) and I even get to have Vanguard University (and maybe Biola) interns during the school year!

There are lots of language schools there, so I will be able to do some intensive language stuff every day for the first several months and then continue going twice a week...forever (as long as I'm there). I guess between learning the language and finding a place to live, the actual transition stuff is more scary to me than being there. But I'm really excited!

I have an interview for that Salvation Army summer job in the morning. I forwarded my email and resume to the right person this morning and they called not 2 minutes later. I'm a little nervous about that, because it will involve a lot of presentations in Spanish. It has been a long time since I used my spanish regularly. A couple years ago it would have been no problem...we'll see.

Yay Greece! I hope to be there by October. Tentative goal. First I need to graduate from seminary...

5 comments:

april said...

I'll be praying for the interview, and the transition process!

James & Kristin said...

God is good! So neat to hear how things are coming together. Will pray all the details will continue to fall into place. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so pumped for you and excited to see how God continues to reveal the details in the coming months!

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Kelsey ...CONGRATS. Donna and I will be praying for you too! We are excited to see how this builds on all the experiences and schooling God has given you over these past few years!

On another note...perhaps you should post the photo of Kristin walking on the dock?????!!!!???? Hmmmm...don't mean to be an inquisitive dad or anything! Sounds like one of her finer moments...and she's had plenty we are finding out!!! :-)

God's best to you. Proverb 3:5,6

Rich (Kristin's dad!)

Kelsey said...

I will have to scan some of these old photos next week and post them! I definitely have some fun ones.

Thanks for your prayers! :)