This week has been crazy. I'll be in a different county from where I live every day. Tomorrow I am going to visit some of our victims in a confidential/hidden DV shelter. Today I spent 6 hours going over Saturday's Spanish presentation with Ruben. (Saturday is D-Day, as far as I'm concerned. I can't recall dreading something as much as I'm dreading this in quite a long time. Usually I just ignore the fact that something dreaded is on the horizon and live in blissful ignorance, but having to practice and prepare for this one makes it quite hard to overlook.) It's also just one of those weeks where there are a thousand other things going on, meeting long-lost friends, teaching 3 times (NOT work related!), helping with an outreach training. I guess spending a couple hours in the car each day contributes to the hectic feeling.
Our power has gone out a couple times tonight. It wasn't even that hot today. The first time it went out I was in the shower...that was a first.
I was forwarded an email on Monday from one of the women in Greece who I will be working with. She connected with a Nigerian pastor who is interested in starting some sort of ministry with Lydia Today, in Nigeria, for the women and children who are at risk for pr0stitution and trafficking. A large percentage of the girls in Athens are Nigerian. We've talked in the past about going to the source and doing training and education for the at-risk populations. So the next question posed to me was, "How would you feel about the possibility of making trips to Nigeria?" Now that is quite an interesting proposal.
So...I am starting to do these presentations and stuff to raise support for Greece. I've been working on prayer cards, letters, pictures, and I don't know what else (I have a long way to go). I know some of you have done this before...any advice???
3 comments:
So.....if I come to your office, can I also buy a beverage? You are going to do awesome on Saturday! :D If you want I'll come with a big sign!
Me gusta el color de la alfombra (rojo) y el contraste del verde pastel de las paredes!!! Pensándolo bien esos colores están horribles, pero si piensas en blanco y negro creo que los puedes superar. hahaha...
No sudes la gota gorda, te va ir bien en tu presentación. Lastima que no no pueda echarte la mano, estoy muy lejos :( sorris.
Tu puedes robalonches!!!
Saludos,
Jorge
Your office looks spiffy--i like the colors. :) (That's not sarcastic.)
I'll be praying for your Saturday presentation!
Post a Comment