How quickly things can shift! In the last three days, things have changed so much that I am actually being forced to wrap my head around possibly moving to Greece very soon. Imagine that!
Sunday: I spoke at Nick's church, where a woman who is leaving soon for three months in Spain offered her house to me to housesit for as long or as short as I need it. Free housing, yes please.
Monday: Unofficially (so don't quote me yet; I haven't gotten an official statement, but going off what people have told me they sent in) I hit 80% of the funds I need before I can book my plane ticket. 80%!!! (And 70% of the desired total.) We are getting there!
Tuesday: Yesterday out of the blue I was offered a short term "job" coordinating volunteers for the One Heart Campaign. This is through the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force, which is creating a short video to be shown in 1000 churches in Orange County on the national human trafficking awareness day, January 11. I had said I could volunteer my time, but now they are going to pay me to help with the marketing and distribution. It should last about 4 weeks. I can't complain about that; in fact, a much appreciated blessing!
It seems to be the encouragement I need that things are moving in the right direction. I'm thankful today, and a little wistful too, as we plan to give our 30 days notice at our beloved apartment today and make plans for the next phase of life.
We are getting there! :)
2 comments:
That is seriously fantastic news! I am excited for you!
How different from last week! :) Thank you God!
Post a Comment