Thursday, July 23, 2009

A day in the life...

Supposedly things are supposed to slow down here in the summer - yeah right! :) Here is a sample of how the day gets so filled up of late...this is what I did on Monday:

9:00am: Reading, study, things around the house

11:00am - 1:00pm: Greek lesson

1:00pm: Lunch with my Greek teacher and her daughters

2:00-4:00pm: Lydia Today weekly meeting

4:30-6:30pm: Coffee with some new ministry interns

6:30pm: Breathe, eat, etc!

8:00-9:45pm: Nea Zoi weekly meeting

10:00pm-2:00am: Outreach on the streets

Whew! Today looks similar, with a couple hours at home this morning catching up on work emails and papers, a different selection of meetings, and a quick trip to the gym. Thankfully I enjoy most of what I do each day and the people I spend my time with!

Next Monday begins my intensive three week Greek course - 4 hours every morning!! I expect to be magically fluent in Greek when this is finished! :) It will be tough for a few days when we have outreach the night before, but that will only happen twice until we stop for August. Then I'll be able to focus on the class exclusively (and I think my brain will need it!). I'm actually looking forward to it, and it will be a good way to spend the days when everyone is out of town during this "vacation" month!

2 comments:

april said...

So Greece does the "whole country goes on vacation for a month" thing like France does?

Kelsey said...

Pretty much. Lots of things close for a few weeks and everyone goes to the islands. Must be nice. :)