Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oh my painted aunt.

I have no idea what that means, but Sharone says it all the time, so it must be witty and intelligent. She also makes margarita flavored cupcakes, and I can't have any of them (that whole being on the wrong continent thing).

Obligatory photo to keep the reader interested:So, I have nothing to say, except that my Greek intensive course starts in the morning and I hope it doesn't make me cry. I think I'll be ok. With Voula I have already completed the whole book that this school uses, so I'm entering into Level 3, which covers the last 1/3 of the book. It also focuses on conversation and there are class presentations (no anxiety here, no, none at all). The conversation bit is what I need; my head is full of grammar yet I can't speak very well. For the next three weeks my brain will probably be mush and there will be lots of naps. I will get used to it, and then it will be over. :)

One of the closest friends I have made since coming here is leaving Greece in a week, that is sad. A hard part about living overseas, I think. People come and go; it's not every day you find those ones that you can connect with on lots of levels and be yourself and have fun at the same time. Still looking to add to my repertoire. :)

2 comments:

Sharone said...

Ha ha, I saw your title in my reader and thought for a second it was one of my blog posts. Have fun with Greek class! When you come home on furlough I'll make you one of every kind of cupcake you want. :)

janell said...

that's an awful picture. i think you should fly home for cupcakes & friends.