
Finally I am going to be finished posting photos from Italy. Aren't you relieved? Are you sick of seeing them? Or maybe sick of thinking I'm a jerk for posting them?! Well, it was my pleasure to be able to spend time in Italy so that you could enjoy my pictures. :)

At the Colosseum ... I was pretty excited to check it out. It's kind of a maze in there, and it was hot, but fun to be in such a historical site!


I really enjoyed the Roman Forum...didn't take many pictures, but loved reading the history of all the buildings and ruins. Stacie and I spent one rainy afternoon in our hotel room reading up on all the sites we had seen - a nice way to wait out the rain and not have to carry the book around with us! :)

The Vatican... the museum was HUGE, four miles of walking is it? Finally made it to the Sistine Chapel and loved studying all the paintings in there. The guys yelling "Silence! No photos!" really added to the ambiance. (I really wanted to shout,
"Silence! I kill you!" back at them.) We found the secret passageway down into St. Peter's Basilica, the biggest church IN THE WORLD, and came out just in time to get caught in a rain storm.

Well, I guess we had time to take some photos first. No pope; he was being protested in the UK.

That's us on the Spanish Steps. I really did enjoy reading about such an ancient society and the rise and fall of the empire, and learning where so many historical events took place. Here is a statue:


That is the Trevi Fountain, which is wedged in between lots of buildings and jam packed with people. Did you know that all the fountains in Rome are fed by aqueducts? The main one delivers 8 million liters of water per hour to the city, whose water supply always runs the risk of being cut off by an earthquake. Here is another fountain:

The Cinque Terre gets my favorite place AND the best food award. So grateful for the opportunity to visit Italy - here I've thought I'd have all the time in the world to explore Europe since I live here, but that is all coming to an end. So I'm glad I at least got to see a couple places while I was here! Now that I'm going to be living at the bottom of the earth, 75 million hours from anywhere, I needed to get all the traveling out of my system!! ;) At least it's a really cool place to live, and they have nice red-headed boys there.
1 comment:
Kelsey, if I've told you once, I've told you 75 million times, stop exaggerating! Australia is not that far away! Just a hop, skip and a longish jump........ then a bit of a swim away!
Post a Comment