Thursday, July 20, 2006
Need a Rx
My jeans pockets are a medicine cabinet. I have been getting my headaches again, so on top of all the other regulars (synthroid, multi-vitamin, glucosamine) I have Excedrin migraine and Advil (which I am now basically immune to but still helps with regular muscle aches—and no I don’t take the two together!) and my pockets are nearly bulging with pills. A few months ago I was sick and I added three antibiotic pills and two cold pills daily to my pocket stash. No wonder I feel nauseous sometimes, including right now…or that could be the chocolate cake on the kitchen counter that forced me to eat it for breakfast…or the general lack of sleep I’ve been an innocent victim of over the last two weeks…or perhaps my daily morning combination of waking up too early, running, being too hot, trying to dry and flat iron my hair in my hot house while dripping with sweat and passing out in front of the fan every 30 seconds. Nausea, hot flashes, headaches, there must be some kind of pill I can take for all of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment