I am feeling the need to manage my time effectively. :) Set limits, goals, schedules. Make sure I am giving attention and priority to the right things. I've narrowed it down to 5 things that are on my list, in no particular order (except maybe the first one):
1. God. Duh. In the rush of school, moving, new schedules, this is getting shuffled around. I need more stability... today I set my alarm an hour earlier, pushed snooze for 38 minutes of it, and had 20 minutes left over to read and pray. Hmm. I need to do this in the morning, so I need to go to bed on time, which leads to another important thing-
2. Sleep. Not getting enough. This results from going to bed too late and general insomnia, and results in being tired all the time and being late in the morning. I need to make a routine at night, like finishing up everything by 10, and winding down, being in bed by 11. Hopefully the two hours it takes me to fall asleep will shorten if my body gets used to a routine (!?!?!). Go to bed on time, get up on time, and get enough sleep in there to function properly.
3. Homework. An obvious priority this time of year. My goal for this is to make my day off, Friday, study day, 9 to 5. (Or, maybe 10 to 5. :) That whole sleep thing...) With luck, I can get most of my stuff done and have the rest of the weekend to relax, and spend doing the other four things on this list, and also not be staying up late during the week studying.
4. Exercise. This is already a priority, and it might be a little higher on the list than it should be. (Though it is still in my top 5.) I need to find a routine for this as well, so that it doesn't take away from other areas.
5. Relationships. I've just moved and suddenly I am closer to most of my social life. :) It's great, and I want to make relationships and community a priority, with old friends and new. Often I am bad at corresponding or keeping in touch with people because I let everything else get in the way. How to make this a healthy priority without taking away from or getting run over by other important commitments? This may be new ground for me, sometimes I am all or nothing in this category. I will need to set boundaries for sure in spending time with people during the week, but this is also something I need to be intentional about, since I can swing the other way and become a recluse. :) I want to set out time this semester for just being with people.
So there's my top five. I think I will make a weekly schedule for myself and do my best to stick to it, including some time to let myself be spontaneous. ;) If I actually post this and it's out there, perhaps it will remind me what is important.
No comments:
Post a Comment