Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"fine"

It's been a few weeks like this...you sail through life answering "fine!" to the question "how are you doing?" without really thinking about it. Because if you thought about it, you'd have a lot more to say, but you just don't have time to deal with it.

I sat with a friend tonight at coffee mentioning a few things that are happening and I realized that I sounded really overwhelmed. I AM overwhelmed - I just haven't really noticed. This is because instead of dealing with work, cleaning (I still haven't unpacked from Seattle!), preparing for Bible study (I teach tomorrow...have I begun? Not answering that), thinking about finances and insurance and fundraisers and other preparatory things for Greece...I just sit here and can't get anything done. So on the surface - which is about as deep as I've let myself exist of late - I AM fine. Because anything more than that is too overwhelming. :)

1 comment:

itsmepollyb said...

Being a psychology major, they taught us the true definition of fine: F@#*ed up Insecure Neurotic and Emotional. But yes, "fine" does make a quick answer for people who really don't want to hear more anyway. Hope things are looking up soon.