Saturday, April 04, 2009

only because I promised...

Shoot, it's 1:15am and we're getting up at 7 to go to Delphi and I am SO TIRED. But ok, here is my big news:

I got an apartment!!!

(Yay Jessica, good guess.) It is in the exact neighborhood I wanted, about a block behind all the cafes that overlook the acropolis. It's three rooms (small - including the bedroom & living room), very bright, good price, and I'm really excited to move in! I got the keys today, but since Janell and I have so many things planned next week I probably won't be able to fully move in until the following week. That's ok.

It's not furnished, so I am praying for a major miracle, especially as far as appliances go. I have to buy a refridgerator, oven, washing machine, and furniture. I hope to get connected with some expat for-sale lists, so this should help.

It's a two-year lease, but, as leases are to protect the renter and not the landlord, we were able to put a clause in the contract that I can leave after a year without penalty. So I know I'll be here at least through next March.

This neighborhood is really hard to get into, I have heard..."for rent" signs will go up in the morning and the place will be gone by the evening. I found this on my first day of looking! I have a friend about three blocks away, too. :) Blessings.

I don't have pics of the apartment yet, but here are some from the neighborhood:

My first Greek apartment, awww...

6 comments:

R.A. said...

That is SUPER COOL!! And right near the cafes. Wow...I am so envious of your big fat Greek life. Have so much fun with Janell. Don't push your knee too hard.

3>

R.A. said...

Whoops, I meant <3

april said...

Fantastic news, Kelsey! I hope you do find all the stuff you need to furnish it--i mean, if God can provide an apartment in the perfect spot, he can get you a fridge, right? ;-)

Any luck on liking coffee yet? :D

The Garcias said...

I AM NOT JEALOUS. Not one ittty bitty bit. Ok, maybe a little bitty bit. YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY for you. Praise God!!!!

Kristin said...

Ok, can I be your roommate for life in Greece too?

Sharone, Uncloned said...

You know what would work really well in your new apartment? Clog-dancing. Anything with lots of stomping.