Tuesday, August 04, 2009

enough for one day

This morning I had a trail of ants in my kitchen, from the counter to an obscure corner on the floor where there were hundreds of them swarming some tiny decomposing thing. :( I sprayed the living daylights out of the ants and my whole kitchen before I had to rush off to my Greek class, leaving a trail of black dots behind.

This afternoon I was putting dishes away and bumped the drying rack off my counter. At least 5 (as far as I could count) glasses were on it...and are no more. I swept the broken glass up with the ant bodies.

Tonight a huge cockroach joined me in the kitchen. I chased it behind the stove, and as I was washing dishes noticed it scampering around right in between my feet and freaked out. I tried stomping on it and inadvertently chased it into my bedroom. We played hide and seek for awhile while I finished my dishes in a cold sweat before I finally scared it out from under my bed and smashed it 14 or 15 times and then sprayed the whole floor with disinfectant.

I am ready for bed now. (Too bad I have 4 million pages to complete in my Greek workbook.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ay Kelsy... que chistoso! siempre te pasan cosas interesantes! jaja...

Anonymous said...

Not a fun way to start the day at all...and then to continue that way later! Praying for quick learning tonight and a great night of rest before Greek lessons again tomorrow!

april said...

Ants don't phase me--i kinda like having them around--but cockroaches give me the eebie jeebies! Sorry you had a rotten day. :( And hope the next ones are more cheerful, even if the circumstances are similar.