So I will write more this week, however, my free hijacked neighborhood wireless network has disappeared while I've been gone. I am currently using a very weak signal from somewhere not-so-nearby, hoping my regular connection reappears! It's not looking good. I might have to actually pay now...which involves going to some government office to obtain a tax ID number, calling the Ote company 37 times and waiting for weeks until they finally come to hook me up. Sigh.
Cyprus is quite interesting, as I mentioned. Here were some highlights/interesting tidbits that I may or may not elaborate on later:
- Is it Greek? Is it Turkish? Is it occupied or governed? What happens if you cross into the north side? Who is in charge here??
- Rented a car, and had my first international driving-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road experience. I'm a pro now!
- Met with some girls who are doing some trafficking ministry there and went out with them a couple of nights.
- Subsequently met quite a large number of people who are interested in human trafficking, seeing as how it's quite a large problem in Cyprus, and may be returning at some point to do some training there.
- Heard of an Orthodox priest who has rescued hundreds of girls from prostitution in the last 4 years.
- Spent some time with some girls we knew from the Bible college here in Athens, who took us on a little day trip into the mountains, where we encountered my new favorite village, Kakopetria ("Evil Rock").
- Mouflons.
No comments:
Post a Comment