It has been a really busy year! It's now national vacation time, and as you know, Italy is very close geographically to Greece. Look at your map, they are practically right next to each other. Like an hour flight. So, it follows that it's a pretty cheap flight. Also, if you book really early, you can get all the good Rick Steves' recommendations for the cheapest accommodations in places like Venice and the Cinque Terre.
My point is, THANK YOU for your support, and while you may think that I am taking your money and running off to exotic locations, really I am just taking a (much needed) summer break in Italy for five really cheap days. I know I am a missionary and supposed to live a hard, rustic life, taking days off by going to the local park and bringing my own sandwich, but, I never claimed to be a very good missionary.
Thanks for understanding, and not feeling weird when I post photos later. I've never been to Italy, and thought it might be a good opportunity while I live so close! I have hardly even been to the beach at all this summer, anyway.
:) xo
4 comments:
Dear Missionary...
This supporter would be upset if you DID NOT take a much needed vacation after a very fruitful, successful, and powerful training time with your interns! We followed your blog and Shelbi's and were in AWE of God's hand in your life and the lives of those you had the privilege or working with. Go guiltfree to Italy, and seek refreshement, relaxation, fellowship, fun, and some good extended times with Him!!! We have entrusted our gifts to God...we know you seek Him and desire to please Him!!! Blessings Kels...
Look forward to the photos of Italy!!!
Ya know...this is fruit from prayers that go way back to SPU dorm days!!! You are a great friend to our daughter!
Have FUN in Italy!
The Scotts
Ditto to what he said!
People might stay on the field longer--and more effectively--if they took more vacations. :) Missionaries are people: people need breaks, especially from emotionally draining work. And that would be yours, even in a same-culture setting. So, yup, please spend my support on five cheap days! Wish i could join you! :)
Oh, haven't you been on a big Greece vacation all these years? I always thought that's what we were sending you money for anyway. :)
Love ya! Have a great break and hope it is relaxing! Oh, isn't my daddy nice? He sure thinks the world of you. Me too, so ditto on everything he said. xoxo
Aw, thanks! You guys are so nice! :)
Post a Comment