Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sydney

We arrived in Sydney on Monday morning. I hadn't really felt like I was in Australia at all yet until we walked down to the harbor and saw the harbor bridge and the opera house. :) There it was, and ok, I'm really in another country. (I think it helped that I touched my first Aussie money yesterday, too. Haha. Foreign currency generally equals presence in a foreign country.) Yesterday we saw the Opera House & Harbor Bridge again with blue sky (Monday was overcast and the opera house blended right into the sky) and took a ferry to Manly (below). We're having a great time seeing the city and I am being well taken care of. :)
Tomorrow I meet with Janice, the IT Australia president, for lunch, and more meetings with others. This whole week feels a bit weird...it's a big city and I can't even imagine myself here. Not because I don't like it, but just because I have no idea where I would live or what life would even look like. Hopefully tomorrow will give me a better idea. Things are very expensive, and rent will cost me about half my current monthly salary (and that's in a far out suburb). Anyway, meetings tomorrow (and conference Fri/Sat), prayers appreciated, updates will come at some point.

In the meantime, I'll upload some more Italy pics to post tomorrow. :)

No comments: