Very helpful crosswalks here! :)***
Well, I wish I had more to tell you ... I went to an interesting social justice conference here this weekend, attending workshops on the sexualization of culture and how that affects young girls, and one about counseling with sexually diverse clients (working with gay/lesbian/bisexual clients). Both of those were so interesting they had me thinking and talking about them for a long time after.
I don't know what's happening here as far as work with ITeams...need to think and pray more, meet more people, and keep talking about it. There is a lot happening here as far as anti-trafficking (a lot more than Greece, anyway), and IT is looking at where the community needs are and where they might fit in. It will be a several month process, involving other organizations and exploration with them too. I guess what I need to know is if I'm going to embark on that process with them.
We've got a couple more days in Sydney and then back to Adelaide for another week. Then back to Greece, potentially to pack up my life and leave a month later. It would seem providentially and circumstantially that life is leading me to work in Australia, however the details have yet to be filled in...
No comments:
Post a Comment