I arrived back in Adelaide yesterday. It was a glorious warm spring day, which was so wonderful after weeks of rain and changing weather on my travels. We ran some errands - IKEA, Office Works, etc. and relaxed. Last night we had a lovely barbecue on the patio at Andrew's house with his housemates. I'm learning quickly about the Aussie mozzies (mosquitos) and wondering if I'm going to have to bathe in insect repellant each afternoon!? But, it was a lovely evening with citronella candles, yummy homemade burgers and wine. :)
I realized this morning that I get to be here for 6+ weeks, until we leave Christmas Eve for the States ... and that that is the longest stretch I have been in one place in 2010 without traveling. Oh my! Perhaps that is why I feel such relief to settle in, unpack, and have a normal life for a little while. I'm not complaining about the great traveling and ministry opportunities I've had, but it can get quite draining too!
So here is my big SIGH of relief and settling...... :)
2 comments:
I so know that feeling. Yea for you and getting to rest! Too bad I won't be in SoCal over Christmas, but have a wonderful time when you get here.
Yeah! So glad you'll have six weeks to just settle in, get to know the area better, and do daily life with Andrew as well.
After Indiana to Michigan to Seattle to Michigan within 4 1/2 months, I get the "being in one place" for awhile...hoping it's nice for me as well! :)
Post a Comment