Thursday, November 04, 2010

"I knew you were American because of your teeth."

Chalk one up for the nazi American Dental Association!

It's been a busy week. It doesn't stop until I'm on my flight back to Adelaide on Tuesday morning! Andrew has been in Sydney for a couple of days too, for work, so it's been nice to catch up over dinner and hot chocolate in the evenings. The neighborhood we're staying in has heaps of great Thai restaurants so we've been having our fill! He left tonight and I'm off tomorrow as well for the weekend, for a missions conference and to speak in another church (and a bush walk!).

During a Skype meeting yesterday I felt the thrill of possibilities with what we're trying to do here (re: an ITeams Australia anti-trafficking ministry). Admittedly, it's one of the first times I've felt that since this whole thing began. I think it's in part to news of some potential teammates - makes me realize just how much I was NOT feeling inspired to do this on my own. Monday night, back in Sydney, we're having an important meeting with several interested people to attempt to set some vision and see "who wants in" ... I feel like a lot is resting on this and I'm feeling hopeful for the first time.

Earlier I was browsing some photos and found this from Greece:
I miss my friends - but was encouraged tonight as I had a coffee date with a couple new girlfriends here. :) Now off to bed - first time before midnight all week!

4 comments:

R.A. said...

I'm so freaking stoked for you. I love your updates.

Anonymous said...

I would like more info on the teeth situation! :) I know the ADA peeps personally...you just let me know if I need to make a call!

Glad you had a coffee date -- and have potential or possible teammates.

Woohoo!

Kelsey said...

Americans have better teeth than most of the rest of the world! The fact that mine are white and straight is not really that amazing in the States, but elsewhere in the world it's really noticeable. :)

When I went to the dentist in Greece, the dentist said my teeth look great and did his cleaning. When I go in the US with my same teeth, I am scolded and threatened with gum disease and all sorts of other maladies if I don't floss more, use this vibraty toothbrush, use mouth wash, and spent 4 hours on my dental hygiene every day. They are a bit over the top, but we do have nice teeth for our trouble!!

Anonymous said...

haha...thanks! Glad to know! :)