I attended my first ever "hens' night" last night. We would call it a bachelorette party, but being in the spirit of the queen as they are here (they drive on the wrong side of the road, for goodness' sake), it was a bona fide hens' party. And it was for me! :)

Andrew's mates took him out for his "buck's night" - they went paintballing and for dinner afterward. (I've never understood the appeal of being shot at and returning home with welts and bruises, but boys like it, I guess.) So his mates' wives and some of the other girls in the church, as well as some of Andrew's "rellies" decided to throw one for me as well. It was a combo hens' party and kitchen tea (I guess that's like a shower), so we got all dressed up and went to high tea. I love that, and it was so fun! They made a nice little book for me full of notes and advice and recipes, and they each had to write a poem about Andrew and I, all of which were quite amusing. Andrew's sister's note to me in the book includes "On a serious note though - if you hurt my brother ............ he probably deserved it! :)" Ha.
Cathryn, Adele (Andrew's sis), and Amy

Deb and Cathryn attempt the "Kelsey smile"
1 comment:
Wow...even if you'd gotten no presents or advice or funny poems...that food! I'm jealous.
Post a Comment