Some disheartening news this morning...my work visa will not be granted by April 30. I guess they sent me a "request for further information" last month, but I am not sure where they sent that...I never got it. I need to supply police and background checks from every country I have lived more than 12 months in the last ten years.
I also need to figure out how I can leave this country in two and a half weeks without completely forgoing my visa application in process, since the "bridging visa" I currently have doesn't allow me to leave Australia (if I want to get back in and still get a visa, at least).
I am not sure what the bigger problem is ... getting a new bridging visa in the next 12 working days so I can go get married and be allowed back into Australia, or getting police reports from Greece. What little info I can find about that is that those reports are only given for residents, and that you must apply in person. Ha ha. Trip to Athens, anyone?
Tomorrow I can go apply in Adelaide for the correct bridging visa; hopefully if I pay the fee and offer my valid explanation, that could be granted right there in the office (fingers crossed). Then I'll go the Greek consulate and see if there is anything they can do for me by way of a background check that would appease immigration (fingers, toes, legs, arms, etc. crossed). I can also add fingerprinting and FBI background check to my not-at-all-busy week before the wedding when I get to Seattle.
Raaaaahhhhhhhhrrrrrgh.
3 comments:
Praying specifically for these details!
I'll be praying, too. We have three of our YWAM staff going through the same thing so I've just been adding you in!
Oof. Praying for you. God likes performing miracles. :) xxxx
Post a Comment