I lathered up my toes in Vaseline, put on my double layer socks and tied my shoes loosely…yet by the end of our 9 miles I could barely walk! I seem to have been blessed with a heart that could power the Energizer bunny. But my knees are slowly failing me, and Saturday my feet hurt worse than anything else (at least I didn’t have any blisters). My running threshold seems to be 6-8 miles pain free. It could be that that is what I’m used to, and if I regularly ran longer distances my joints would adjust. But I’m not sure I want to take the chance, or face the toll that more and more miles per week would put on my whole body. Maybe I just need to be happy with 8 or less (which would mean no half marathon). I find it frustrating that my heart & lungs & muscles are fit for this, and I just love running for a long time! but my joints are just not as supportive of this hobby…blast my skeletal system!!
I’ve been curious about checking out a place like this, looking into things like correct training intensity, mechanical flaws, and possible orthotics (?) … just seems like so much trouble that takes the fun and ease out of just going outside and going for a run.
No comments:
Post a Comment