Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summertime and Mr. Mumbles

I’ve been eating normally and doing light workouts this week, it’s fun. Reading my non-educational-nor-academic books and not caring that that long hyphenated word I just wrote is not proper English. Laying by the pool and getting pink strips down my stomach and back. Visiting old friends and new babies… Waiting for the opening of the new Chick-Fil-A by my apartment… Checking out new tri equipment and clothing… Eating See’s chocolate truffles in the dressing room while trying on swim suits in the mall… Pulling up my pants ALL DAY TODAY (which is not even fun, because I bought them too big in the first place, I haven’t even lost weight to make them saggy)… Gaggling with excitement (or dismay) as new swimsuits arrive in the mail… Dreaming about Cabo and real Mexican margaritas and dusting off the old file labeled “Spanish” in my brain… It is indeed summer, the weather is finally beginning to cooperate (minus the still-frigid nighttime temps), and I definitely don’t want to be spending my days in this office pretending I know how to use InDesign and balancing people’s international budgets and receipts.

Check out Janell’s new blog! Our race is on Sunday. Tuned our bikes and changed to road tires this past weekend. Tested them out in the bike shop parking lot in our skirts and flip flops on the way to the beach. If I never return to Bonelli Park in my lifetime after Sunday morning I will be a happy girl. (Until next year I suppose?? Why do I keep going back?)

Speaking of traveling (I was, up there, somewhere) I am all registered for my trip to Israel with Talbot in January! I am thrilled beyond words… I am practicing walking everyday in preparation, as the instructions say. HAHA. Maybe I can swim or bike or run everywhere instead.

Because I have nothing better to post, here is a picture of a boy that Janell met on match.com. Hahaha. His name is Mr. Mumbles. She “winked” at him, however that works. He says God is most important and he likes to watch The Office. Sounds like a perfect match.

2 comments:

James & Kristin said...

ahh, sounds like the perfect life right now. Glad your brain is getting a break from school. Israel? James is curious about that and jealous..me too. Tell us more. Boy looks cute and sounds perfect. Don't know Janell, but want to know if it works out with Mr. Mumbles. :) love you my friend! Kristin

Anonymous said...

he's SO hot. i think he e-mailed me! but i can't check because i refuse to subscribe. what to do...what to do...