Saturday, January 03, 2009

another bad day for Greek birds

That's Delphi, where 9 or 10 people from church went today. Without me. My ankle probably would have been fine, but I woke up with this weird cold/shaky/dizzy/shivery thing going on, and since I couldn't stand up for very long without wanting to puke, I went back to bed. :( I can go to Delphi another time, since I live here, but I'm bummed to miss out on spending time with people. I spend so much time alone!

Later this afternoon I went for a walk to the post office, where I saw a dead bird fall out of the sky (seriously, I have no idea where it came from) and land loudly on a parked car. Apparently Greece is not the most optimal place for birds to live long, healthy lives. By the time I got back to the house I wasn't feeling so hot. And my knee was hurting. I am a hot mess. I think I am 80 years old.

I am excited that it's January...I actually get to start working, AND I have some exciting things coming up! In a couple weeks a group from my grad school will be coming to Athens for three days. It's the trip I went to Israel last year with; this year they are doing Turkey, Greece and Rome. It will be so good to see some familiar faces! Then, on the 20th, I leave for Thailand and Cambodia. I'll write more about this trip soon - I'm going to meet with a few organizations who do what we want to do here in Greece. I'll be with my friend Charity from NightLight in Bangkok, but I'll be on my own in Cambodia...should be interesting!! My mom is really excited for me to be all alone in Phnom Penh. ;)

No comments: