Tuesday, January 13, 2009

stuck...

is how I sometimes feel here. I can't really go anywhere that isn't on the bus or metro line. Today I bought a printer/scanner/copier thing so that I can finally scan and send my receipts to LTF and it didn't work. I spent two hours chatting online with HP support. That was a LONG walk home with a heavy box this morning...tomorrow I get to do it again, and hope they take it back at the store. Oh, how I miss my car.

I am trying to make an appointment with a doctor for my knee. Except it's far, and you have to go in rather than calling. So I am dependent on someone with a car (in this case Voula) to either take me - only to make the appointment! - or make me one herself, which she said she'd do if she got over there tomorrow.

I think if I had a car here I would be gone every weekend, at least for the day, to explore some of the sights around here. I could also buy more at the grocery store than I can carry with two hands on a ten minute walk. I could get to church in 15 minutes instead of the 45-50 minute walk/metro commute.

Tonight I feel grumbly, about this dumb machine and having to walk a half hour again tomorrow with it in my arms, not trusting the people at the store to even exchange it or take it back, and if they do, a half hour back with another one. Sigh.

That is all for my one-allowed-per-year complaining blog. There are bigger problems in the world, yes. Except that, also, my bank card was declined yesterday when I tried to get money out, because apparently they forgot I am in Greece or something. :-/ That is all.

No comments: