Most of the team left last night, and Charity and a couple others left for Phuket this morning (if I'd only known!!). I had today and tomorrow wide open, my last two days here in Bangkok. Thanks to Facebook, I had reconnected with Katie, a friend from college, a couple years ago and knew she was teaching here. She had today free as well, and what a day we had!
1 - had brunch at this amazing crepe restaurant. SO good.
2 - went to MBK, an insane Thai shopping mall. Like the outdoor markets with all the same stuff, just inside a 6 story mall. Anything you could ever want and not need.
3 - thai massage. I think it was the best massage I have ever had in my life. And my 4th or 5th spa treatment since being here. :)
4 - THE BEST THING EVER: she took me to this international grocery store, where I bought, among other things, CHOCOLATE CHIPS, JIF peanut butter, Jello pudding mix, canned pumpkin, Kraft mac & cheese, betty crocker (I think?) chocolate chip cookie mix in the bag (a whole bunch), vanilla, zip lock bags, etc. etc. Basically my whole list of things I can't get in Greece. It was like I'd died and gone to heaven...in many ways this could be the highlight of my entire trip. You don't understand. I wonder how I'm going to get all this home.
5 - dinner at an amazing Mexican restaurant, nachos and tacos and margaritas, oh my. I am loading up on Mexican here since it's rather scarce in Athens.
6 - went back to my guest house and crashed from exhaustion for just a few minutes (needed some AC after all the excitement. Whew!)
7 - went to a hair salon and got these cool things in our hair. Basically they are hair-thin tinsel-like strips that they tie in that are kind of shiny or sparkly. I got some black ones in there. Something different.
It is totally lame that I haven't been able to post pictures; when I get back home next week they'll come by the hundreds, no doubt. I've taken so many! I'm excited to share them.
1 comment:
And you know no one has been reading your posts because there were no pictures.
PS Points for writing well. Sometimes even though I love my friends who are serving overseas I have the hardest time reading their updates because of their writing style (I think all co-laborers should be required to be English majors in undergrad), but not so the case with you.
Post a Comment