Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Joys of Skype

Sometimes I spend more time talking to my "cyber" friends and family (from home) than actual human beings here, I think. I'm hoping that ratio will change eventually. :) But it's been SO wonderful to talk to and SEE so many people from home! Even being able to talk for free is great; seeing them is a bonus! When Sharone and I first discovered the "take picture" feature, oh what lively entertainment we had for the next hour. I did not escape the "video call snapshot."
Is this a good advertisement for Skype? It's free, and even if you don't have a webcam, you can still talk for free. I have a few friends who do that too. The video is free too though...hours upon hours of pleasantries and merriment, all while feeling as if you're in the same room! Sort of. Except when you get all pixel-ly or the picture freezes. But in general, I've been very thankful for this program and those who I can share it with. It's made being far away and having few friends here much, MUCH more tolerable.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE that Aaron made it into the picture! :) LOVE IT!

R.A. said...

Oooo...I didn't realize you could take pictures...

Sharone, Uncloned said...

Skypetacular :)

The Garcias said...

SO FUN!