Friday, October 08, 2010

...and what I'm most looking forward to

These are the things that are going to make me feel right at home in the next few months!

English! - there might be an accent and they might say funny things, but I'll take it. Shopping in English, church in English, eavesdropping in English, instruction manuals in English, customer service in English...THANK YOU!!!!!

Driving - even if it's on the wrong side of the road. It means I am free to come and go as I please. I am not at the mercy of striking transportation workers, I don't have to carry 12 bags of groceries on the long walk home, and I can leave the perimeters of the city center WHENEVER I WANT!

Real grocery stores
- big, beautiful, and almost anything I want. I can't even imagine.

English
- it's a really big deal.

Restaurant variety
- Thai, Indian, attempted Mexican, even Greek if I need it ... I want it all!!

And, well...
:)

2 comments:

The Garcias said...

Awwww. So great for you! We are so happy/excited for you, Kelsey! I love this picture, btw. The colors are so fun and bright. And you look very very happy :).

R.A. said...

=D

And I totally get the English thing.