Tuesday, October 26, 2010

this and that

Hi, I don't have much to say. I'm in Adelaide this week...sorting through suitcases, going to spin (cycling) classes at the gym, hanging out with Andrew... I could stay here. :) But it's back to Sydney on Saturday, for the second half of the whirlwind - ten more days of speaking, events and meetings.

It's trying to be spring; the mornings are warm and sunny and then the clouds and cool winds come by the afternoon. All the shops have their Christmas decorations out this week; it's weird to think that Christmas will be a summer holiday this year! (Well, until Christmas Eve - then it's to Seattle. But at least for the season leading up it will be getting hotter.)

I've commandeered Andrew's guitar and had a brief lesson today from his brother in law. I really miss playing and can't believe I led worship once upon a time - that would be frightening these days. I'm excited to work on it again.

Also there are great places to hike in the Adelaide Hills, with great views at the top and sometimes a kangaroo or two along the way. I've quit running, I think (finally); my last run was in September here ... so I'll have to press hard into the cycling and hiking. After years of deteriorating knees I am finally taking the doctor's advice (5 years later) and quitting. I think. It's an odd feeling and I miss the flexibility and just the feeling of it, but I'd like to be able to walk in 20 years. I had been holding onto the dream of just one more triathlon - even in Greece I looked into doing one - but maybe it's not meant to be. I know I don't sound very convincing, and I've tried to quit before, but I think it's for good this time. We'll see. ;)

Here I will leave you with a picture of a kangaroo I saw the other day:
Mmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when my friend Deb had to give up running - feet issues. It about killed her...and she didn't listen to the doc for a few too many years.

She still coaches cross country and track, just rides a bike along with the kids!

Good to hear an update!

R.A. said...

Haha...ah, that was so funny. Somehow I would have guessed it would be illegal to eat kangaroo.

Tim said...

Now there's an animal I could love

april said...

I'm having yogurt for dinner...that photo made me hungry! What did it taste like? It looks like steak. :)

Kelsey said...

Yeah - it's like steak, I guess. It's a really lean meat since they are pure muscle; a really healthy red meat.

Running is so much better than anything else... sigh