I am working on my monthly update letter. What should I call it? Like "The Sydney Scoop!" or "Aussie Update" or something much more catchy. (But not "Kangaroo Krack-Up," which was Janell's suggestion.) I don't even know if there's a real job for me here yet, but clearly this is an important aspect of my ministry! ;) Suggestions???
Andrew finally got my stuff out of Adelaide customs yesterday. Took a whole week; they ended up charging me tax on some items that was 4x what the items were worth, throwing in a whole load of additional charges, and taking my Knorr pesto sauce mix packets. You know the powder kind that you mix with milk and olive oil? So yummy. And also, clearly, a hazard to the whole country of Australia. They were "seized for destruction." Who knew powdered pesto was such a dangerous contaminant! Thank goodness, they saved us all.
3 comments:
Does this mean mailing you more pesto is probably not wise because they will take it again? Sad, day. You love your pesto packets!
I have no wise title ideas, but am glad you finally have your belongings out of customs! Continuing to pray for a smooth transition...
I bet they were actually "seized for consumption." Lying Aussies...
How bout "Kelsey Down Under"?
kelsey's koala news. i don't even have to try.
Post a Comment