Wednesday, May 17, 2006
no-go?
I had a brief conversation today that led me to believe that our Philippines trip in August is not going to happen, or at the very least be postponed to the spring sometime. The sensible side of me is ok with that. Actually most of me is ok with that. But even that part is disappointed in the sense that that -- cross cultural ministry -- is what I want to DO. God has put deep in me a desire to be in other cultures and a love for other people groups. It's been so long since I've been out in the field somewhere, almost 3 years since Turkey, and it's easy to lose sight of that and to focus on the life I could have here instead. Complete with over-commitments and debt, but also including the relationships, jobs, homes, etc. I was looking forward to being back in that setting in the Philippines, once again seeing what God is doing elsewhere and joining my gifts with his works there. I guess I have longer to wait still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment