It was a gorgeous day...we actually met two other girls who were training for the same race.

Getting ready and setting up our "transition area"...
All ready to go! Woo hoo! Janell is my moral support and swim partner in gross and/or salty open water (and the pool usually). The other day we went down to Long Beach to a canal to swim, both our first time in wetsuits in the water. It was great having her there as we tried to swim against current and stick our faces in the salt water without breathing it in... ick. Thankfully, while a little murky, the good old "Puddingstone Reservoir" today was tasteless and current-less. We actually took off the wetsuits midway through and went without.
Yes I may have been putting off my start...
For some reason we both had a hard time swimming in the wetsuits (they make you float, see?). Can't figure out why it made me twice as tired? Anyway, the water was warm enough to swim without. Still a little harder than the pool...no sides to hold onto at the end of each lap!! Hmmm... I should have been doing it this way all along!
I cut another 4 minutes off my bike time, and I did the run on my own this time. I like running. :) No matter how tough the swim or bike is, I always know I can finish strong with a good run. Good, because I'm going to lag in the other two. :)
All done! (After I got back from the run)
Pretty mountains, pretty sunset...
And this concludes my first official all-outdoor practice run. T-minus...14 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment