Monday, November 24, 2008

home, for today anyway

It doesn't really feel this week like I'm moving anywhere across the world; I'm just hanging out here in Seattle (and Portland, as it were) visiting family and friends like there's nothing out of the ordinary coming up in my life. Happy Thanksgiving week! :)


Kristin & James (courtesy of facebook, thanks!) :)

Yesterday I drove down to Portland to spend the day with Kristin, one of my longest-running friendships (from SPU ~ going on 11 years!), and one of my dearest friends. (Not to be confused with roommate Kristin, who I also love, incidentally.) Kristin and her husband James have been such a support to me on this journey to figuring life out, and their faithful love and prayers have been really uplifting to me over the years. Especially now. Kristin and I had a great time having a long lunch, walking laps around the mall because we were too engrossed in conversation to shop, and then actually shopping. :) It was so great. Thanks for the day, girl.

Other than that, I've done a little shopping with Mom and sister, watched two James Bond movies, squeezed in a couple runs when the rain stops, met with a potential supporter, and managed to feel like all is as it always has been.

Except for the other night, when I had dinner with a family friend who happened to live in Athens for four years, and after said dinner, when I happened to have a minor (not at all minor) "what the crap am I doing" moment (longer than a moment). Some fears, unknowns, questions ... compounded by the negative-ish experience that our friend had in Greece that comes out in her conversations about it...for a good hour or two I felt dread (not doubt or uncertainty) that made me just sit in my room for awhile. Until Sandie called, having just spoken to our staff in Greece, with answers and reassurances that answered all the fears and questions in my head. And hers. :) I'll save that happy story for another post.

But for now, I'm in Seattle, trying to get as much sleep as possible, trying to see friends and enjoy family and pretend everything is the same. For now. :)

1 comment:

april said...

I know he doesn't always--and i know he has his reasons for that--but isn't it soothing when God does that? Gives us enough of an answer to remember it's good to keep walking forward with him? :) I will be praying for you lots in these next weeks.