It's been another good couple of days. It's good to be here. I must admit, though, the fact that I am moving to Greece two weeks from tomorrow seems like some fictional idea...seriously, what??I spent yesterday afternoon with my brother, and after work Lindy (sister) joined us for dinner. I can't remember the last time we all did something. By the time we decided to drive on over to the Melting Pot for dessert ("This is such a chick place" ~ Travis), I was in tears. With laughter. I can't even remember what was funny, but by the time we paid our bill, we were all struggling for breath and composure, and Lindy was dribbling her drink on the table in front of the waitress. (That's because she was laughing; it was not some distasteful party trick.) :)
Today I had some good time with some old friends. This morning I met Robin and Amy (from SPU) and Amy's two boys for breakfast (pics above). We saw each other with Kristin this summer, so it was wonderful to get some good time in before I leave and at least another year passes! I love all these girls, and their friendship & prayers & support definitely keeps me going at times. Later, I met up with a friend from high school (I don't keep up with many of those!!), Andrea. We've reconnected over the past couple of years over blogs, emails and facebook, and have found ourselves in similar circumstances and walks of life. We had much to connect about over coffee this afternoon, and the time flew by! I'm encouraged by her adventurous spirit (she's the only person I know who has been to Antarctica - twice!) and her easy-going, faithful attitude. It's been great to "re-" get to know each other.
And to top off my day, I used a gift card for a massage. Now, I've never heard things like "Wow..." and "you're awesome!" and "not many people would put up with this!" from a massage therapist before, all in relation to the state of my stressed out muscles and the digging and, let's just face it, PAIN that was necessary to get some relief. I did get the conciliatory "you're going to really feel a difference" after, which I do. Hopefully I'll get some good sleep for a change and be a little more comfortable now!
No comments:
Post a Comment