I am doing well. I thought perhaps I was still in denial because I am not really feeling anxious or stressed out or overwhelmed. Being done with moving has helped in that regard a great deal. I had some extended time to just sit and be today, and I realized that while I may not quite be "ready" - who knows if I'll ever be, I feel peace about it and I'm feeling good about this next step. Talk to me in a couple weeks and see if this feeling has lasted :) but for now, I am doing well.
Nick is doing better...I went to the hospital for a few hours again today. He has a genetic mutation that caused the pulmonary embolism suddenly. After his oral blood thinners start working and he is allowed to go home (hopefully tomorrow), he will have a couple of options: 1) take the blood thinners for a year and avoid anything that can cause cuts, bruising, internal injuries, etc. (he is very active and rides his bike everywhere; wouldn't really be able to do a lot of that stuff anymore), then take his chances after a year living a normal life but risk getting more clots, or 2) take the blood thinners for the rest of his life - no clots, but not a normal life either. Sad. The poor guy is tired of being in the hospital, obviously. There will still be lots of tests & monitoring for awhile after he goes home. It's over $3000 a day to be in there, and he's responsible for 20% which is adding up fast too. We are encouraging him to take up crocheting or opera; something
non physical. :) He also enjoys being called Mutant and Clotty. We're all just hoping he can go home soon! Thanks for praying.So tomorrow, it's up to Seattle, hopefully for some rest and good family time. I can't really believe this is all happening so fast. It's an odd transition time; I am neither here nor there, LA nor Athens, really, just in the in-between.
My friend Dana reminded me tonight: worship & serve in the waiting. I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment