Hmm, I need to pay my rent.
Last week was One of Those Weeks. (I'm hoping that this is not extending itself into this week too, although if this morning was any indication, I could be in trouble. For the second day in a row I missed my alarm; I faintly remember pushing snooze at 7:50 and never heard from it again. Proceeded to be a half hour late to Greek class.)
Last week, OoTW, I hated Greece, and Greek, and had a couple of tantrums. Or melt-downs, whichever you prefer. There is also something strange going on as I can't seem to wake up in the mornings and have no energy. My blood test came back with anemia in Cali last month, and I am armed with iron pills...now I just need to remember to take them. Hopefully this is what my problem is. One girl in the office has mono, which is exciting.
I got a tax I.D. number last week = major accomplishment!! I can now officially buy things and have contracts. This works out great for Greece (I can now pay taxes), and only great for me as I can now have things like telephones and internet. :) Yet of course it's not that simple; several days of trying to figure things out and i have a substandard internet connection of my very own in my house (no longer using the neighborhood free wireless that seems to have disappeared last week). Multiple visits to the company office and a few frustrating phone calls later, I may have it figured out. Sometimes you just get so tired of not speaking the language well, not understanding WHY things are the way they are (and they just don't tell you here), and things not working the way they should.
See, maybe this is why I haven't been blogging - it all comes out disjointed and rambly. Here's hoping last week is over and this week is better, my brain retains ridiculous Greek grammatical nuances, and my internet works. And in the meantime please don't forget the other blog (seriously, just check it regularly so I don't have to keep reminding you. I try to write at least once a week).
ta ta
3 comments:
Here's to a bit of encouragement this week. Mine is off to a great start so far, so I'll send you some of those positive feelings!
Praying for you!
i have to read all of dante's divine comedy in the next three weeks! wheee! here's to a good week for you!
I empathize with this post and the "simply put" one too. Hang in there! And eat your spinach! :) (It's got iron.)
Post a Comment