Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Apparently Moses was high...

I saw an article today that reports this breakthrough finding:

When Moses brought the Ten Commandments down from Mount Sinai, he may have been high on a hallucinogenic plant, according to a new study by an Israeli psychology professor. ...

The thunder, lightning and blaring of a trumpet which the Book of Exodus says emanated from Mount Sinai could just have been the imaginings of a people in an “altered state of awareness,” Shanon hypothesized.

Excellent! You can read the enlightening (and quite humorous) article in its entirety here.

(I think I missed out at Sinai!)

4 comments:

itsmepollyb said...

And somehow this brilliance was worthy of an international news article? I guess everyone gets their five minutes of fame!

april said...

From the photos you showed, it doesn't look like any plants grow there, let alone halucinogens. What did the author suggest it was? And why would EVERYONE have had it?

Maybe it was from eating the ground-up calf from the first round? ;-)

The Goodrich Family said...

Unbelievable! And just wait... Right before Easter a picture of Jesus will be on the cover of EVERY news magazine in the country. All will somehow try to explain-away his divinity and power. Goodie...

~Amy

Sharone, Uncloned said...

My favorite part of the article is how the professor admits to having partaken of this bizarre hallucinogenic substance more than 160 times in various locales...they just gloss over that part :o)