Monday, March 10, 2008

missing Easter

No, I don't have anything philosophical to say about the Easter season this time...I am actually going to be missing Easter! I'll be in Greece for our Easter, March 23. I was all ready to go to an orthodox service in Thessaloniki, even looking forward to it, until I finally clued in that the Orthodox Easter isn't until April. So I'm missing it here. And then I'll miss it there.

Sad.

This week is already crazy...a full day yesterday and it will continue. I have the "Hands that Heal" curriculum training all day Tues, Wed and Thurs this week for working with trafficking victims (learning it and then how to teach it), work on the other days, a couple papers to write, a life group to plan, and all the other regular commitments...woohoo! It's gonna be a busy one. Saturday will be my last day for running around before my flight on Sunday morning. Thankfully I just did this, so I know how to pack and all that, which ideally should save me time but most likely won't. :)

Was anyone else up until all hours last night? Silly time change...I'm a little tired this morning.

2 comments:

april said...

That's too bad about missing Easter. :( I went to a Greek Orthodox Easter service once--it began at 8 p.m. and was going to go on until dawn, but we pooped out and went home around 2 a.m. That was in Cameroon. It's an interesting experience! I bet it would be more enlightening if i'd understood Greek--the Lord's Prayer is recognizable in any language somehow, but that was all i caught! :) Maybe in a few years you'll get to participate?

Sharone, Uncloned said...

I have had bizarre sleep issues since the time change too!! I thought it was just me!

If you would like, we can have an Easter Egg Hunt when you get back...chocolate Easter eggs I mean... :o)