Sunday, March 23, 2008

I feel better now...

Sometimes we get answers to questions right away! After lunch at Kiki's, we walked to the center of town and met up with Sandie and Pepie, her lawyer friend who works over here, for coffee. It was really good to talk with Sandie about her impressions of the conference and next steps. She really wants me to come in June with her to teach the Hands that Heal curriculum, in Cyprus, Athens, and Thessaloniki. After talking with the Hillsong people she has decided to work WITH them, but not UNDER them. This is kind of a relief (I'll write more later about that). Lydia Today, her organization, will remain separate and begin to train people to care for trafficking victims. This way it can be distributed more and be free from the rule of Hillsong and the exclusive churches they work with. So I guess that would be a logical next step to pray about...coming back in June to help continue training people and laying groundwork for further work here. That is tangible and something I can get excited about and pray about. Yay.

Kiki says hello and invites you to come back with me in June so we can have ouzo together. :) And does anyone want to meet me in Rome this summer, since I'll be over here???

4 comments:

april said...

Rome? When this summer? I'm leaning toward the study abroad program but it doesn't begin until September 1st... :) I'm game to maybe go early, though!

James & Kristin said...

Good. I'm so glad you had a good conversation with Sandie. We read your other post earlier and prayed you wouldn't be dismayed. It's nice to know of a next step...especially when this trip came together so quickly and there was so much momentum...then you get there and...different than expected. Well, I'm glad you have a realistic view of Greece and I hope now there will be a real call if this is where and who you are supposed to minister with. xo kristin

Case and Los said...

Yeah, we went to Hillsong in SYD last year, it was a little sketch, I can't imagine what they're like in Europe, do tell... And we're for sure going to Thess on our trip. I want to hug you. Do you have any hookups in ATH that want to pick us up at the airport at 2:30am?! What a sketchy time to arrive in a country you've never been to:) Any recommendations for how to get to our hotel? (the group arrives at 9, but since we're coming from LHR, we're early).

I love you adventures and hope to see you... I'm graduating at Fuller Pasadena in June, so there's another option if you're home?

Holler!

Anonymous said...

i've seen the carytoid in the british museum. & the parthenon has been under construction for YEARS, so it is ancient scaffolding! at least the same stuff when i was there 10 years ago. must be the same team who's been working on i-5 at beach blvd.