Saturday, March 15, 2008

details...

I'm slowly getting these trip details figured out. I like logistics and details, but I can deal with the unknown, too. Which is good, since I just found out that I have a place to stay in Thessaloniki yesterday. :)

So you can be praying, here's the bones of my schedule:

Sunday am (16th) - depart LA
Monday afternoon - arrive in Athens, get settled, dinner, and pm outreach with the Athens Nea Zoi (New Life/Lost Coin) group. Staying in a hotel here.
Tuesday afternoon - tour of Omonia neighorhoods (the outreach area and "seedy" part of town), dinner with a missionary couple (?)
Wed - am outreach, lunch with Nea Zoi team, travel to Bible school
Thursday - am depart for Thessaloniki (6 hr train ride), pm - outreach with Thessaloniki Door to Life team. Staying with a Greek girl named Kiki in Thessaloniki. :) Meet up with Sandie from here (Orange County) at some point.
Friday/Saturday - Hillsong Women's Conference. Here I'll be meeting a lot of the people involved in various trafficking/outreach ministries in this city, including the people sandie is working with to open the Justice Center and shelter. There is a two year grant from Hillsong for this ministry, so this will be a time to lay a lot of the groundwork for that.
Sunday - ?? (Thessaloniki)
Monday am (24th) - depart for LA

I'm excited, freaked out, curious, etc. etc. Trusting the details of all this will work out, because I'm not that concerned with them, being more focused on long term opportunities for ministry. I've only partially recovered from last night's meltdown, and I anticipate more to come next week... :-/ How could they not in this environment that I am walking into.

Tomorrow packing, Sunday I'm outta here...

3 comments:

James & Kristin said...

Okay..I've got your schedule for the week and a picture of you printed and stuck to the fridge so we can pray for you as you travel next week!! We are ready to do our part and now you go do yours! So excited for you and anxious to hear how God will work xoxo k

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes! I'll be praying that God's will for possible work for you in Greece in the future will become clear.

The Goodrich Family said...

I've also printed out your schedule and will pray that the Lord will use you in mighty ways! I'm so excited!!!

Love, Amy